Saturday, February 8, 2014

Dear mom,


So I saw this video a while back and it gave me an idea. So I am going to start posting thank you notes. I think we as a society don't say thank you enough. sometimes we just assume they know or think it doesn't matter, but saying thank you can make more of a difference than you realize. So here's to thankful Saturday! In honor of my mother's birthday this past week, let's start with her.

Dear mom,

You have been my number one supporter all my life. You encourage me and stand by me and pick me up when I fall down. You are amazing. From those very first days of struggle, you have stayed with me and helped me through everything. You have loved me unconditionally even when I struggled to love myself. I know that I am curt with you and disrespectful and for that I am sorry, because you deserve nothing but my praise and admiration.

Your strength reminds me that I can do anything. There have been so many times in my life that I was crumbling and you saved me. No matter how old I get, I will always love coming home to one of your delicious meals. When I am sick, you always help me through it. When I feel weak, you remind me I am strong. When i feel alone, you remind me I am loved.

I can never give you the proper thanks you deserve. I can never show you how much I appreciate you. I love you. You are an amazing woman. Thank you for everything.

-B. Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment